Another excellent recipe, loaded with flavor and crunchy goodness! The Nicer Slicer adds a fun twist. Not only do you used less bread, but by turning the slicered bread inside out, you add nutty crunchy goodness to the inside of the sandwich. The soft interior of the toasted slice is perfect for butter and grilling.
Servings: 3 Sandwiches
Make pesto first: combine these ingredients in a blender and run until all are combined. Set aside.
1/3 C basil, chopped
1/4 C pine nuts
1-2 garlic cloves
1 C kale, chopped
1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
salt/pepper to taste
3 pieces slicered bread
1/2 avocado, sliced
1/2 C spinach
Vegan cheese such as Daiya
1-2 Tbsp coconut butter
1. Spread pesto sauce on the crunchy sides of the slicered bread.
2. On one side add cheese, avocado and spinach.
3. Top with the other slicered piece pressing it gently together.
4. In a small fry pan heat up coconut butter.
5. Cook sandwich on both sides for 4-5 minutes or until golden.
6. Cut in half.